Together, we're protecting new kinds of research and helping to put innovative technologies into the hands of consumers, increasing access to life-changing solutions and improving global communication and connectivity outcomes.
Every day, MIT researchers are revolutionizing the world of connectivity and communication, helping us to better understand and address the challenges of enabling connectivity and communication on a global scale. Through the licensing and protection of these innovations, TLO supports researchers and startups in breaking down traditional barriers so that everyone can have access to the information and resources they need, regardless of location. This results in a dramatic increase in both global equity and quality of life for millions of individuals.
What This Looks Like in Practice
- Low-cost satellite internet: Providing high-speed internet access to people in remote and underserved areas.
- Next-generation wireless networks: Developing new wireless networks that are faster, more reliable, and more accessible to everyone.
- Secure and private communication technologies: Developing new technologies to protect our communications from unauthorized access and surveillance.
- Open source software and hardware: Supporting the development and use of open source software and hardware to make connectivity and communication more accessible and affordable for everyone.
- Digital literacy and education: Promoting digital literacy and education to ensure that everyone has the skills and knowledge they need to participate in the connected world.
Sign up for technology updates
Sign up now to receive the latest updates on cutting-edge technologies and innovations.
Browse our diverse range of groundbreaking technologies that will shape the future.