TLO Internship Program
We offer internship opportunities that are especially geared for MIT students with a science background interested in pursuing marketing or law. Interns gain a complex understanding of IP marketing and acquire insights to the legal side of technology licensing.
Marketing Project Assistant
The Project Asst. works under the supervision of the Technology Licensing Officer to assist in the technical and commercial evaluation of new inventions reported to the TLO in the areas of life sciences, physical sciences/engineering, chemistry, and computer science. Typical assignments include: assessing commercial viability of new inventions, scientific market and industry research and analysis, categorizing inventions into application specific or industry segments, technology marketing, abstract composition, identifying potential licensees or inventors.
General Qualifications & Skills:
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate student in a scientific discipline
- Must be detail oriented and organized and have good time management skills
- Possess excellent writing skills and have the ability to research technologies independently
- Candidate must be available at the office between 15 – 20 hours / week
- Appointment: at least 6 months
If interested in this opportunity, please email your current resume and a technical writing sample to Katrina Khalil at firstname.lastname@example.org